The Global Key Account Manager serves as the primary business contact for the customers in the selected market segment and is responsible for the overall customer satisfaction. The KAM is expected to consistently provide excellent customer service to the accounts by setting and monitoring the Quality, Logistics, Technology and Cost (QLTC) goals for all the KMWE global subsidiaries. The KAM realizes sustainable turnover growth and margin targets. In addition, the KAM builds long lasting relationships with customers to encourage new and repeat business opportunities and will be involved in New Business development activities within the selected market segment.
Position in the organisation
- The Global Key Account Manager reports directly to the CEO and later to the new Managing Director Mechatronics.
- The Global Key Account Manager leads a small team of account managers and sales support and works closely together with the Management Team members
Duties, responsibilities and authority
- Develops and executes the approved Global Account Plan for the selected accounts and realizes profitable growth in the selected market segment.
- Proactively develops relationships with accounts and provides the Account Team with relevant customer feedback and initiates required improvement actions and escalations.
- Proactively conducts strategic account reviews with all assigned customers on a regular basis to review service needs and usage trends. Provides the required input for defining the strategic plan and development of technical roadmaps.
- Identifies products, services and cost and technology roadmaps that meet customer needs and business objectives.
- Develops and monitors KPI’s to monitor customer satisfaction and Account Team performance based on the agreed commercial targets as stated in the Account plan.
- Reports achievements periodically based on the agreed KPI’s.
- Implements the continuous improvement process and identifies the Critical success Factors and implements the KPI’s based on QLTC.
- Defines and negotiates long term supply contracts with customers.
- Manages the Customer Account Team meetings and overall KMWE performance profile.
- Monitors profitability and initiates Cost Price Reduction projects and Transfers to KMWE global subsidiaries.
- Defines the relevant business environment by conducting market assessments, benchmarks and competitor analysis.
- Provides relevant market information and customer expectations to the KMWE management and initiates corrective actions if needed.
- Defines the required Account Team support and resources.
- Builds a long lasting customer relationship with all relevant DMU’s and organizes relevant meetings with senior management.
- Initiates and maintains the required internal and external relationships and networks.
- Has the authority to make commitments on delivery schedules, target costing and long term customer agreements based on the authorization matrix as defined in the Quality Management System (QMS).
Required knowledge, competences and skills
- Master degree in Mechanical or Business Management (WO/HBO) with additional commercial courses and training
- Minimal of 5 year relevant experience with in technical sales position preferably in the equipment building or machining industry and:
- Proven track record in of prospecting new customers and generating revenues from new customers;
- Proven skills required in order to create, maintain and enhance customer relationships.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and capable to inspire, motivate and achieve commitment from both our customers as employees
- Excellent Dutch and English language skills both spoken and written
- Proven leadership competences by showing determination in achieving excellent results and focus on customer satisfaction, taken accountability for achievements of results and showing determination to win
- Shows experience in business planning and execution and knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills and finding ways to get things done better, more efficient and more effectively.
- Bonds people to the business by winning commitment and motivates people to achieve the best from them.
Berg & Partners will supervise the application procedure. Interested in this vacancy? Please apply via their website instead of the form below.