Tasks and responsibilities
- Gathering the necessary information to prepare the system or module specification and project calculation in collaboration with the system architect.
- Creates the concept design and makes associated concept drawings.
- Detailing design through CAD systems (NX, Solid Works, Creo or Solid Edge).
- Perform design calculations, static and dynamic.
- Cost-conscious design of systems, modules and components through the KMWE production capacities.
- Defining materials and tolerances at partial level
- Design according to ISO 13485, NEN standards and CE guideline.
- Defining test plan for the system or module validation
- Support project management and provide them with technical advice.
- Manage technical data via Teamcenter.
- Support of production during production, assembly and testing.
- Define technical risk inventories and mitigations.
Required knowledge and skills
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in either in mechanical engineering or mechatronics.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a relevant high-tech / medical machine building work environment
- Knowledge of CAD system such as NX, Solid Works, Creo or Solid Edge.
- Managing capabilities, good communication skills and an active participation in department meetings.
- Interest in the production of products and modules with high complexity, high mix and low volume.
- Communication skills and fluent in English (speaking, writing and reading). Knowledge of Dutch and German is not mandatory, but represents an advantage.