The Sales Manager is responsible for managing selected customer relationships and realizes profitable growth.
Key duties an responsibilities
- Develop and execute the approved sales plan for the selected accounts, ensuring profitable growth in the selected market segments.
- Proactively develop long-term relationships with assigned accounts. Provide the Account Team with relevant customer feedback and initiate required action plans.
- Develop and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) relating to customer satisfaction and Account Team performance based on the agreed commercial targets as stated in the sales plan.
- Draft contracts, obtain internal approval and negotiate contracts with customers.
- Develop an understanding of the business environment by conducting market assessments, benchmarks and competitor analysis.
- Define the required Account Team resources to support Sales activities.
- Build long-term customer relationships with all relevant DMU’s and organise relevant meetings with senior management.
- Report achievement periodically based on the agreed KPIs.
- Has the authority to make commitments on delivery schedules, target costing, long term customer agreements based on the authorisation matrix as defined in the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Established and describes as process owner the necessary processes resulting from above responsibilities and assures the proper functioning of the organisation according to these processes.
- Ensures that the processes are delivering their intended outputs.
- Report on the performance of the quality management system and on opportunities for improvement in particular to Quality Management Representative (QMR) and/or Managing Director (MD).
- To ensure the promotion of customer focus throughout the organisation.
- To ensure that integrity of the Quality Management System is maintained when the changes to the Quality Management System are planned and implemented.
- To monitor profitability and initiate Cost Price Reduction projects and transfer to KMWE Low Cost Centres.
- To implement the continuous improvement process and identify the Critical Success Factors and implement the KPIs based on Quality, Logistics, Technical and Cost (QLTC).
- Identifies products, services and cost and technology roadmaps that meet customer need and business objectives.
- To proactively conduct strategic account reviews with all assigned customers on a regular basis to review service needs and usage trends. Provide the required input for defining the strategic plan and development of technical roadmaps.
- To initiate and maintain the required internal and external relationships and networks.
- To provide relevant market information and customer expectations to the KMWE management and initiate corrective action if needed.
Required knowledge, competences and skills
- Degree in Mechanical or Business Management (Bachelor/Master Degree) with additional commercial courses and training.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience in a technical sales position preferably in the equipment building or machining industry.
- Proven track record in prospecting new customers and generating revenues from new customers.
- Proven skills required to create, maintain and enhance customer relationships.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and capable to inspire, motivate and achieve commitment from both customers and colleagues.
- Excellent English language skills both spoken and written.
- Proven leadership competences by showing determination in achieving excellent results and showing determination to win.
- Shows experiences in business/sales planning and execution and knowledge of contracting, negotiating and change management.
- Shows sound understanding of the market and external environment and the ability to translate this in clear business objectives.
- Knowledge of sales execution and account management processes.
- General knowledge of project management, manufacturing technologies and production logistics.
- Experience in giving presentations on a one-to-one basis and to larger groups.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office; Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills and finding ways to get the things done better, more efficiently and more effectively.
- Bonds people to the business by winning commitment and motivates people to achieve the best from them.
- Demands achievement of high performance goals and standards, set examples, clarifies expectation and actively manages performances to ensure success.