A Senior Machinist should be scheduling jobs for Machinists’ ensuring machine utilisation.
Key duties an responsibilities
- Scheduling jobs for Machinists’ ensuring machine utilisation.
- Ensuring that work carried out by Machinists’ meet the required quality as stated in customer specifications.
- Identifying and solving process / manufacturing issues.
- Drive continuous improvement using problem-solving tools / skills.
- Provide training and guidance to other Machinists’ to complete their job efficiently.
- Operating of high precision 3-axis / 4-axis / 5-axis CNC machines.
- Setting up and operating machines including trial runs to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Verification of dimensions for partially finished and finished parts using designated measuring devices. Ensure that required records are duly completed.
- Installation of machined replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment. Test operation of units to ensure functionality and performance.
- Proper control and ensure all functions operate properly to achieve high quality hardware as per standard time set.
- Confirm with engineers, manufacturing personnel, programmers or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Complete ad-hoc tasks assigned by Line Management as and when required.
- Compliance to ISO requirements, company policies and procedures.
- Practice “5S” to maintain a clean and safe working environment.
Required knowledge, competences and skills
- Diploma / Degree in Engineering (Electrical / Electronic and Mechanical) or equivalent.
- 5 years of relevant work experience with extensive knowledge of functioning, operating and setting of 3-Axis / 4-Axis /5-axis CNC machines.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings.
- Proficient in the use of common measuring equipment.